Sunday, December 31, 2023

HOLD THE NUTS

I have loved ice cream for as long as I can remember, and I have been to countless ice cream shops. On our recent trip to Texas, we visited the frozen custard chain Andi's on several occasions.

Both times, I decided to order a concrete called the "Choc-O-Rocko" made with chocolate custard, marshmallow, and almonds. I have never been a big fun of nuts in food and prefer to eat them separately. Therefore, on both occasions, I asked to "hold the nuts" when I ordered. Both times, the person manning the register did a double take. The first time, the attendant said, "you just want less nuts in it, right?" I clarified that no, I wanted no nuts. They were finally able to figure out a way to make the order.


The second time we visited a different location in the Austin suburbs, and the attendant said that she would just make me a custom concrete with chocolate custard and double marshmallow because it would be easier than holding the nuts. Who knew that holding nuts could be so challenging, but both times I loved my Choc-O-Rocko Minus Nuts!

No comments: