Sunday, December 31, 2023

CHICKEN FRIED STEAK

Growing up in Austin, chicken fried steak has always been one of my favorite foods. Historically, we would go to Threadgill's, an Austin institution, for chicken fried steak. However, they closed in 2020, and we have been searching for an adequate replacement for sometime now.

Last year before our annual trip to Texas, I did a little research and decided to try the Hyde Park Bar & Grill, a restaurant located near my old studio apartment near the UT campus.

I never went there as a student - just like most other sit down restaurants - because I did not have the money to eat out. That is not to say, I did not eat well in college, but it was mostly college student fare.


Our trip to the Hyde Park Bar & Grill last year did not disappoint - so much so that we decided to visit again this year. Nicholas and I split the chicken fried steak, but we started with the buttermilk-dipped Hyde Park fries and the beer-battered green beans! Yum!



Our friends also told us about a gem of a bakery around the corner called Quack's, and we picked up a few dessert items! It did not disappoint either! Count on a trip to both places next year!

No comments: