Sunday, December 31, 2023

'CUE IT UP

Ever since I moved to Texas at the age of 11, I have been a fan of barbecue. And yes, barbecue is a noun and not a verb!

In med school, I took a barbecue tour of the hill country with some of my best friends, including Amit, that I still think of fondly! Since then, we always try to fit in at least one meal of barbecue on a trip back to Texas (Don't get me started on barbecue in Michigan, or the lack thereof!).


This time, we went to the Salt Lick near my mom's house. We ordered a mix of meat and sides, and they were all delightful. The massive, Fred Flintstone-worthy pork ribs were my favorite, but the chicken was a close second! Thank goodness we do not have more easy access to barbecue. That would definitely be hazardous to our health! 

No comments: