Tuesday, December 27, 2022

CHINESE RUMMY

We spent yesterday hanging out at mom's place during holiday break. For some reason, card games are one of our favorite pastimes during these breaks, and yesterday was no exception. 

My brother brought over a few decks of cards, and we decided to play Chinese rummy, one of our favorite family games when I was growing up. There are 11 rounds with different combinations of hands that one has to make over the course of the game. Though I had not played in over 20 years, it was like riding a bike. I won six hands in a row!

Though my kids blamed my card counting, I like to think that the familiarity of the game - even though it had been so long since I played - also played a big part. 

I suppose I should bask in my glory because they, too, may become familiar sometime soon!

No comments: