Sunday, November 29, 2015

RCTID

RCTID is the official motto of the Portland Timbers, our local soccer team that plays in Major League Soccer. It stands for Rose City 'til I Die. (i.e. I will always support the Timbers).

I have been a season ticket holder for five years now, and surprisingly this is the first time I believe I have written about the Timbers here. This is because the team have been perennial under performers.

This year is different though, and the Timbers have played some exceptional football. There are several reasons for this: players playing in positions to which they're best-suited, better players, and better coaching/organization.

Tonight, the Timbers defeated FC Dallas to win the Western Conference Championship and advance to the MLS Cup. Win or lose, this has been an exceptional season, and I am truly proud of our team.

Enjoy the final goal in the series with Dallas! It is one for the ages!

No comments: