Saturday, April 8, 2023

WINNER, WINNER

During our trip to Toronto, we decided to see a Raptor basketball game. I even got a footlong dog!

It started off fairly even, but the Raptors eventually pulled away!

During the third period the cheerleaders came out to the court and proceeded to throw T-shirts to the crowd. We were pretty high up, so I lamented that we would not be able to get in on the action. However, they also had some roaming attendants in the crowd giving away shirts - or rather throwing shirts in the direction of the most rabid fans.  

Therefore, when I saw an attendant approach our section, I proceeded to cheer, yell, and wave my arms. I caught her eye, and she flung a shirt in my direction. I somehow grabbed it from mid-air with a one-handed catch worthy of a baseball centerfielder! 

It is funny because I never win raffles or other giveaways, so this shirt felt especially sweet! Go Raptors!

No comments: