Saturday, April 8, 2023

ROOTS


This year, we went to Toronto on Spring Break. It had been nearly four years since we had left the country on a trip, so it felt good to be abroad again.

Toronto has always been one of my favorite places in Canada, and I remember visiting my aunt and uncle there on my own when I was in college or high school - I cannot remember which. There is tremendous energy and diversity in the city, and I have always thought of Toronto as a cleaner, safer, and nicer version of New York. This trip was no exception.

We ate a lot of amazing food, including several Thai meals. 




We also stopped by Eataly, Mario Batalli's food hall that also has locations in Chicago and New York. Fortunately, we did a lot of walking, so I did not put on too many pounds.



Of course, we had to get some Canadian chocolates, and the Cadbury's, Aero, and Coffee Crisp are still second to none. 

Because Toronto is only four hours away, I have no doubt we will be back soon!


No comments: