Saturday, April 8, 2023

RE-CONNECTING

It had been nearly 18 years since we last saw my Uncle Joshy and Aunt Esther who live in Toronto. Fortunately, we were able to meet up with them during our trip to Toronto on Spring Break.

Interestingly, my uncle is my dad's cousin, and my aunt is my mom's sister, so each of them have a connection to one of my parents.

They are both retired now but still live in the same house in the same Toronto suburb where I visited them as a child and again as an adult back in 2002 at the end of residency. They have always been very kind and welcoming, and I fondly remember a trip I took there on my own during college when they took me all around the city, to Niagra Falls, and then to Ottawa. It was an amazing visit!

This time, we spent the afternoon with them at their home and had some very nice discussions about current events, growing up, and growing old. We also played a few rounds of Chinese rummy. Uncle was a killer!

As usual, they prepared an amazing meal with two types of pasta and the largest tiramisu I think I have ever seen! Cate was in heaven.


I hope we get the chance to see them again soon because 18 years is too long!



No comments: