Thursday, October 7, 2010

THE STATE WE'RE IN



Today at school, Nicholas was assigned the task of selecting a book to share with his class that our whole family loves to read. While Kathleen, Nicholas, and I love the book "The Scrambled States of America," we were not sure whether Cate loved this book. Therefore, we decided to read it tonight. The book is about the fifty states deciding to switch places so that they may see a different part of the country. Two of the states, Nevada and Mississippi, meet and fall in love. I will not spoil the ending.

Wait, you people are not going to read "The Scrambled States of America."

At the end, the states say goodbye to each other and go back to their spots. Some states are more upset than others, and Nevada says to Mississippi, "I'll never love another." I think we can safely say that Cate liked the book, although love might be too strong a word.

After we finished reading this book, Nicholas looked me in the eye with a straight face and said, "I love my school so much. I'll never love something better than it." Arbor it is, and "Scrambled States" it is!

No comments: