Monday, May 18, 2009

GOT MILK?

Kathleen and I are pretty liberal, eco-conscious parents, but we are not over the top. We try to buy organic and try to avoid processed foods (drinking yogurt notwithstanding). In particular, Nicholas, in his short life, has only consumed organic milk while we consume inorganic milk. Nicholas asked me the other day why he had a different kind of milk (we both drink 1%). I replied that it was because our milk had chemicals in it. He quickly replied, "Why do you like chemicals?" I attempted to explain "half the cost," but I think the concept was lost on him. Needless to say when I was at the grocery store last night with him, I just picked up one gallon of milk for the family- organic. It seems like a small price to pay to teach your kids healthy habits and to potentially derive health benefits one's self.

No comments: