Sunday, September 29, 2024

ROAD WARRIOR

While I was at Syracuse for Parents' Weekend, Cate was away another weekend with her travel soccer team - her second weekend trip to another state in two weeks. I was fortunate to join her with Kathleen last weekend as we traveled to Milwaukee and then Madison.

We were able to catch up to one of my good friends from med school, who lives in Milwaukee, and then it was on to a weekend of soccer!


Cate's team won the first game 3-2, coming back from two goals down. In the second game, we again went down but fought back an tied it up for a 1-1 draw.


More than just watching Cate's exploits on the field, I enjoy spending time with her and seeing new things. I realize she will be gone from our house in just three years, and I want to take in as much time as I can with her until then. 

I have seen with Nicholas just how quickly time flies, and before they both fly the coup, I will try to drink up every minute we have together. Life is a sweet gift, but it is until further notice.

No comments: