Sunday, September 3, 2023

THESE PRECIOUS DAYS


My friend and former nurse Pam from Portland and I share a love of books. Each year, we send each other a book for Christmas, and sometimes we put books in the mail for each other. It is always a treat to get Pam's books because she mails them herself and always puts a little stamp on the package.
Recently, she sent me a book she had just finished reading, "These Precious Day," by the novelist Ann Patchett. The book is a collection of essays - many previously published - with several common elements. Each essay centers around some event in the author's life, but there is also a common theme - appreciating the small moments and acts of kindness that often go unnoticed. 

The book made me think a lot about my own life and for how much I have to be thankful. As I took my walk to Starbuck's with Cate this morning, I literally stopped to smell the flowers and to snap this pic of these beautiful blooms.


Beauty and preciousness are present nearly every day! If only we can slow down and appreciate those moments!

No comments: