Monday, October 17, 2022

MEET ME IN ST. LOUIS

Last week, Cate and I traveled to St. Louis for her soccer. The last time I was there was over 25 years ago when I visited a former high school friend who was then a student in the WashU Business School.

Friday night, we explored an area near WashU Medical Center called the Central West End. My friend Asim, who is a St. Louis native, had recommended a local pizza spot called Pi, which we decided to check out. As you can tell from the pics below, it was yummy!



Saturday morning, I drove back into town from the suburb we were staying in for a run in Forest Park, one of the largest and most public public parks in the country. It was beautiful!



Later that day, we had breakfast with Asim, whom I had not seen in over three years. It was wonderful catching up and reminiscing about old times. Hard to believe we have known each other for 28
years! 



After that, there were two games - both of which Cate's team won. In the second, Cate scored two goals, including a peach of a penalty! 


St Louis, we'll be back!

No comments: