Monday, October 17, 2022

EMERALD CLUB

In the past few years, I have become a member of a number of frequent traveler clubs. There are several reasons I joined. First, these clubs provide their members with special perks like early boarding on airlines or skipping the counter at car rentals. Second, it is also possible to rack up miles or days for free flights/rentals.

Cate more than anyone loves these perks, and she always wants to hit up the Delta Sky Club when we travel together!

One week ago we visited St. Louis for her soccer. We landed and headed to the rental car area. At National, our preferred vendor, they have the Emerald aisle, where one can pick out any midsize car. We found a nice SUV that I was pretty sure was located in the Emerald aisle (as opposed to the aisle across the way), and so we hopped in.

When we stopped at the exit on our way out, the gentleman reviewed my license and rental agreement. Just as we were about to leave, he pointed out that the Lincoln SUV we were in was actually from the Executive aisle and not the Emerald aisle. I apologized, but he waved us on. Membership, I suppose, has its privileges!



No comments: