Friday, January 1, 2016

COMING BACK HOME

This week we visited Barcelona for winter vacation. This was my fourth trip there in four years and the family's third trip there in the past three years. There are many reasons we keep coming back. These include the beautiful weather, scenery, football, and people. The sum of these parts create a whole and experiencing Barcelona is not so much about things, places, or people. It is a feeling.

Much of our life is spent going through the motions and not truly appreciating life's wonders. That way of being is impossible in Barcelona for me. Perhaps it is because of the sites, the friendly and beautiful populace, or even the distinctive clean, sweet smell of the city. What I do know is that this city had me at hello when I first visited in 1998 at the end of medical school, and it keeps drawing me back. I am sure there will be another trip back in the near future.

Barcelona, I cannot quit you! Fins aviat (See you later)!


No comments: