Monday, November 3, 2014

GO CATE!

This weekend Pumpkin finished up her season with her team the Jaguars. It was a great season, and the team grew a lot as the season went on.

Cate was a great role model for the other girls, and she helped everyone see how the game is supposed to be played. By the end of the season, many of the girls were making good runs and even dribbling the ball down the field to the correct goal!

Many of the parents on the sideline marveled at Cate's skills. They asked me how long she has been playing and how she got so good. I told them that she has been playing for 3 years and that we practice like she plays. Decision making, ball movement, and ball control are the key things on which we focus. It does not hurt that Cate is also the most coordinated and physically gifted child whom I have ever met.

Cate is moving on to another team this winter - futsal with a group of boys. I look forward to watching her exploits on the pitch, and I hope she continues to love this game as much as I love watching her play it.

No comments: