Thursday, September 9, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME



There are days when I am ungrateful or full of self-pity, but today is not one of those days. I turned 37 today, and I have more to be thankful for than I can describe here. However, I will give you a short list.

I am thankful for the fact that I have clean drinking water. In lieu of gifts this year, I donated my birthday money to an organization called Charity Water, which digs wells in communities around the world that have no access to clean drinking water. Consider donating please! Their work gives new meaning to the phrase, "Drill, baby, drill!"

I am thankful for these two children, who light up my life.



I am thankful for my wife who puts up with me and who is an amazing mother.



I am thankful for my health and that I am currently injury free and able to partake in my new love, soccer! Viva Barca, my favorite team!



I am thankful to have the job that I do, wherein I am fortunate to take care of amazing patients with prostate cancer while trying to improve our understanding of their disease through laboratory/clinical research.

I am thankful to have such great parents and brother and sister, whom I do not see as much as I would like.

I am thankful for my amazing friends. The true measure of a friend (you know who you are) is clearly someone who remembers to call you on your birthday even when they have no reminder from Facebook, which you quit because it disgusted you. I digress. My friends have truly made me the person whom I am, and without them, my life would be very unfulfilled.





Here's to hoping that this 38th year will be as great as the last, and here's to hoping that I will remember each day all the many things for which I should be thankful.

2 comments:

Brooks R said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brooks R said...

Thanks for sharing pal. A real pleasure to read. Judging from how much you've given to and taught me, you are far too humble.