Monday, October 17, 2016

ONE MAN'S WEAKNESS IS ANOTHER MAN'S STRENGTH

I often get on Nicholas' case about working harder, being more engaged, and giving his all. This is because that is largely the way I have approached life. My perspective is not without benefit, and it has no doubt helped me to get to where I am. However, this "type A" personality also has a cost. It is difficult to feel satisfied or to feel like one's work is ever good enough. Moreover, it is very easy to transfer one's own high expectations to other people who may not have the same perspective.

There is a lot to be said for being comfortable in one's ow skin and for not constantly feeling stressed out or motivated to do better and be better. I hope that Nicholas is able to find his own way and keep himself grounded while also reaching a bit beyond his comfort zone. Here's to growing up without feeling like giving up!

No comments: