Sunday, March 4, 2012

OUR OWN PRIVATE QUIDDITCH

Yesterday, Nicholas had a playdate with a friend, so Cate and I decided to go to the pitch (soccer field) together. We had talked about doing this all week, so she and I were quite excited to finally go.

The first pitch we went to was full, so we had to come up with plan B. The second pitch was also full, but there was space on the sideline for us to kick the ball around. We set up some goals, and Cate went to work.

Cate's has been taking a soccer class at her pre-school, and her skills have improved. She was laughing, smiling, but also focused on putting that ball in the net. Many of the parents who were watching their older daughters play on the field looked on with astonishment to see my little one in action. Cate was wearing her kit (uniform) which added to the spectacle.



When she began playing, I was not sure how much of Cate's interest was simply due to my love for the game versus her own. However, it is now clear that Cate is hooked, too. As we drove home, we joked about how much we both loved soccer. I said she and I loved soccer as much as Nicholas loved legos. Cate said, "No dad! We love soccer as much as Harry Potter loves quidditch!"

Well said kiddo.

No comments: