Thursday, January 13, 2011

PITCH PERFECT

Most days I do not make it out the door to exercise. However at least 1 day per week, I try to go out to the pitch (soccer field for the unenchanted) to practice.

We are fortunate to live by an elementary school that has an artificial turf pitch., which is critical for practicing and playing football during the rainy Portland winters. I usually go out to the pitch when it is still dark out in the morning and practice dribbling and kicking the ball.

On these mornings, I am alone with only a ball, my thoughts, and the desire to improve. While I still have a long way to go, these workouts bring to me an unrivaled sense of peace and pleasure.



Looking at this picture of the pitch taken on a frigid, frosty morning, don't you feel the same?

No comments: