Wednesday, July 7, 2010

PRIMARY COLORS


Many of the teams/team names in the World Cup are designated by colors. Tonight's post is dedicated to the Spanish National Team, "La Furia Roja," or Red Fury, who dismantled a strong German squad today. This highlight video speaks for itself.

I am looking forward to the final Sunday against the Netherlands, "Oranjie," or the Orange as they are known. Unfortunately, the final coincides with Nicholas' fifth birthday party at the local pool. I pressed Kathleen to cut the party short, but she rightly refused saying that none of the moms and kids who would be in attendance cared about the game (unlike the dads who would probably be at home watching it).

My friend Brooks had the brilliant idea to record the game, which we will watch on his big screen after the party. I only hope that no one spoils the outcome for us before we can watch it! In order to ensure that that does not happen, I have an idea for the pool party- mom's only- and I say that as a football fan and not as a red-blooded man (no really, I promise!). Until then, viva Espana!

No comments: